By clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” checkbox and successfully completing the registration process for a Merchant Account, You are stating that You are Eligible to be a Merchant with Us and that You have read, understood and agreed to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions of Service (“T&Cs”), which are not subject to negotiation.
Please note that these T&Cs will be incorporated into any Physical Contract. We may execute with You in future and will be enforceable against You to the same extent as the terms of the Physical Contract. Therefore We request You to please read these T&Cs carefully before clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” checkbox.
Please go through these terms carefully. It is important that you spend time reading the terms as they constitute a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between / (the “Website” or “Site”) and
- A holder of a OBOPAY Wallet (“Holder(s)”, “you” or “User”);
- A merchant establishment which allows its customers the option to make a purchase using their OBOPAY Wallet (“Merchant”, “you” or “User”); or
- An internet surfer (“you” or “User”).
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. This document is published in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3 of the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011 that provide for the due diligence to be exercised by the Website.
One OBOPAY Systems Private Limited (“OBOPAY” “we” or “us”, which also includes its affiliates) is an authorized payment and settlement system under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007. We issue semi-closed system prepaid payment instruments (“OBOPAY Wallet”) to Holders on which they can load and transfer funds in Indian Rupees within India to make purchases or avail of certain financial services (“Service(s)”). OBOPAY has its registered office situated at 2nd Floor, Orchid Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector 53, Gurgaon-122002, India. We have employees and authorized representatives (“Team”).
YOUR AGREEMENT WITH OBOPAY
- We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time without giving you any prior notice. Your use of the Website following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms as modified. Any additional terms and conditions, disclaimers, privacy policies and other policies applicable in general and/ or to specific areas of this Website or to particular Service are also considered as Terms.
- You acknowledge that you will be bound by this Agreement for availing any of the Services offered by us.
- Your access to use of the Website and the Services will be solely at the discretion of OBOPAY.
- The Agreement is published in compliance of, and is governed by the provisions of Indian law, including but limited to:
- the Indian Contract Act, 1872,
- the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, and
- the rules, regulations, guidelines and clarifications framed thereunder, including the (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011, and the (Indian) Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
APPROVAL OF TERMS
- By using the Website and its Services, you agree that you have read and understood these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms and use the Services in compliance with these Terms. Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by (or cannot comply with) any of the terms below, please leave the Website immediately and terminate your account with us. The information that you obtain or receive from OBOPAY, its Team, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers or otherwise on the Website is for informational and scheduling purposes only.
- The information provided on the Website is not professional advice and must not be considered as such. Your use of information provided on the Website is solely at your own risk.
- You can accept the Terms by:
- Using the Website; or
- By actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that OBOPAY will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- For being a valid User you must satisfy the following conditions:
- You are of legal age to form a binding contract with OBOPAY; or
- You are not a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of India or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the services.
- I give consent to OBOPAY to collect KYC documents from PSUs and Government agencies on my behalf.
INFORMATION PRESENTATION/ EDITORIAL CONTROL
- We make the Website available as a part of our Service to Holders and Merchants. We may, but have no obligation to, have non user-posted information reviewed by the Website’s editorial personnel.
- It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the information is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
USE OF SERVICES AND INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
- In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification, contact or payment details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to us will always be true, accurate, correct, complete and up to date. Any phone number used to register with the Website needs to be registered in your name and you might be asked to provide supporting documents to prove the same.
- In terms of Information and Technology Act,2000 read with Information Technology (Intermediary guidelines) Rules, 2011, OBOPAY securely transmits and saves your data including but not limiting to the interactions done by the user on the OBOPAY App, the transactions undertaken by the user via OBOPAY including the exchange of short message service, to our secure servers. The same enables OBOPAY to not only serve its users with better offers but also with reminders and notifications for activities more in-line for users interests.
- Information provided by OBOPAY or otherwise obtained from the Website will not be used for any unauthorized and unlawful purpose;
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by OBOPAY, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us;
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services);
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, transfer, license, rent, sell, trade or resell the information obtained from the Website for any purpose whatsoever;
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that OBOPAY has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which OBOPAY may suffer) of any such breach.
- You will not impersonate another person, including, without limitation, a Holder or a Merchant.
- All personal and contact information provided by you will be kept confidential by OBOPAY. This includes your personal information given in relation to your account creation and subsequent administration.
CONTENT YOU POST OR SUBMIT
- On creation of an account on the Website, you will have the opportunity to use various interactive aspects through which you can communicate with our Team and share information (collectively “Posted Information”). It is important that you act responsibly when providing such Posted Information. Do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments. When participating in interactive aspects of the Service, please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response.
- Please note that:
- You are solely responsible for any Posted Information that you submit on the Website or transmit to our Team and/or other users of the Website;
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party;
- You may not provide any Posted Information that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by OBOPAY;
- You may not provide any Posted Information that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- You understand and agree that OBOPAY may (but is not obligated to) review and delete any Posted Information that in the sole judgment of OBOPAY violates these Terms or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other users of the Website and/or any other person;
- You agree that you will only provide Posted Information that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information; and
- The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Website. OBOPAY reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Website. You may not post content that:
- Involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Is false or intentionally misleading;
- Violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- Is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous; or
- Is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
- You agree, through Your use of this Service, that you will not use this Website to post any material which known to be unlawful, false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, libellous, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, racially offensive, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by You or You have been given permission by the copyright owner to post such material and You give due credit to the copyright owner by including the copyright information in your post.
- You agree and acknowledge that you will not submit unlawful, offensive, inaccurate, misleading, abusive, pornographic, harassing, libellous, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, paedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inappropriate material.
- You also agree that you will:
- Not upload or share any information that impersonates another person, threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India;
- Obtain any consents, permission or licenses that may be legally required for you to submit any material;
- Respect the privacy of others;
- Not distribute or post spam, unreasonably large files, chain letters, pyramid schemes, viruses;
- Not use any other technologies or initiate other activities that may harm the Service, or the interest or property of the Users; and
- Not use any automated systems or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any part of the Service.
- You will notify OBOPAY through your HR team upon coming across any objectionable content on the Website and OBOPAY shall use best efforts to remove such objectionable content within thirty-six hours from being duly notified.
YOUR USE OF INFORMATION
- Except for Posted Information that you submit, all of the information available on or through the Services and/or the Website, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain OBOPAY’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Website for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Website in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Website and the Services not expressly granted by us to you are retained by OBOPAY.
- We make no guarantees, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, expertise and quality of work or services or other information concerning the Team.
- We make no guarantees, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, expertise and quality of work or services or other information concerning the Team.
PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible to OBOPAY for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately through your HR team.
- All trademarks, brands and service marks used in conjunction with the Services offered by OBOPAY and owned by OBOPAY shall be our property; OBOPAY shall own all of the copyrights and database rights in the Services. Without our consent, you may not publish, distribute, extract or reproduce any contents provided by the Services. For use of any third party’s intellectual property, you need to get permission directly from the owner of the intellectual property for any use. Third party trademarks may appear on this Website and all rights therein are reserved to the registered owners of those trademarks.
- As a user of our Website, you acknowledge that any intellectual property which is not specifically mentioned to be owned by us is owned by their respective owners and the owners have a right to take appropriate actions against you for any violation, infringement and passing off.
- Your use of the Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any party’s copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any laws and for any infringements of any intellectual property rights caused by use of the interface/Website.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
- As some information appearing on the Website is provided to OBOPAY by third parties, OBOPAY will have no liability in respect of any loss or damage arising from third party information which appears on the Website, including the manner in which the information is displayed or information which may be:
- Out of date;
- Impersonation by a person to be another person.
- All dealings and communication arising from OBOPAY’s facilitation of interaction between Merchant and Holder will be between the Merchant and Holder only and OBOPAY is not responsible in any manner for any communication between the Holder and the Merchant, and has no liability in respect of such dealings whatsoever.
- OBOPAY is not an agent for any of the Merchants listed on this Website and OBOPAY has no responsibility for and no liability whatsoever in respect of the conduct of a Merchant or quality of service provided by a Merchant.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- The Services may include links to other websites. Some of these websites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for your convenience only and the provision of these links does not mean that we endorse these websites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other websites.
- You will note that the URL to every webpage on our Website begins with “https://”. In other words, every webpage on our Website is hypertext transfer protocol secure (“HTTPS Enabled”) or “identity verified”.
- We have had our entire Website HTTPS Enabled to better protect your security against dummy websites. Please verify that a webpage is HTTPS Enabled before providing any information on it. We will not be liable for any consequences of you providing details on any third party website, including dummy websites.
- The interface/Website is provided subject to all of the terms set forth in the Terms.
- OBOPAY disclaims all warranties whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
- That our Website will always function without disruptions, delay or errors. A number of factors may impact the quality of your communications and use of the Website and may result in the failure of your communications including but not limited to: your local network, firewall, your internet service provider, the public internet, the public switched mobile network, private switched mobile networks and your power supply. We take no responsibility for any disruption, interruption or delay caused by any failure of or inadequacy in any of these items or any other items over which we have no control;
- Your ability to use the Service through the Website;
- Your satisfaction with the Service or the Website;
- Security and privacy of your data;
- That bugs or errors in the Service and/or Website will be corrected;
- That our Services will be compatible with all broadband services and modems and we disclaim any express or implied warranties regarding the compatibility of our Service with any particular broadband service or modems;
- We make no express or implied representations or warranties about our Services or the Website and disclaim any implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use or non-infringement. We do not authorize anyone to make a warranty on our behalf and you may not rely on any statement of warranty as a warranty by us; and
- That our Team who furnishes Services to you in connection with this Agreement or the Service will be liable for any act or omission in relation to the Website.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- In addition to all Terms of this Agreement, you shall not:
- Use the third party links to sites without agreeing to their website terms & conditions;
- Post links to third party websites or use their logo, company name, etc. without their prior written permission; or
- Use the Services for spamming and other illegal purposes.
TERMINATION OF SERVICES
- Your account may be disabled and Services may be terminated based upon the representations made by you. Any of the following actions may result in termination of Services:
- Impersonating another person or entity with the effect of misleading users about the identity of the creator of content (including misleading account user names, voices and sounds used in broadcasts, and account profile information);
- Impersonating the Services or a OBOPAY Team member;
- Representing that content you post or transmit through the Services is created or endorsed by us;
- Providing or sending any content which may be harmful or detrimental to OBOPAY or its business associates, or which violates any restriction or policy established by OBOPAY or its business associates;
- Submission of any content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- Falsification or deletion of any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted;
- Putting on OBOPAY’s system any content that contains software viruses, trojan horses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Manipulating Service identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted via the Services;
- Collecting or storing personal data about other users;
- Interfering with or disrupting the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Using any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose; or
- Creating user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences.
- You may not use contact information provided by us or other users or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as spam. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your membership or access to the Website immediately and take other legal action if you or anyone using your credentials violates these provisions.
- Certain Services on the Website may have additional terms (such as policies, guidelines, and rules) that will further govern your use of that particular Service and supplement these Terms. If you choose to register for or access any such Services, you will be presented with any relevant additional terms and conditions at that time. By using those Services, you agree to comply with such additional guidelines and rules.
- The Service and the Website and its entire contents are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. OBOPAY and its officers, employees, agents and contractors give or make no representation or warranty (either express or implied) as to the suitability of the Service or the Website or its contents for any purpose or the completeness, accuracy, reliability, security or availability of the Service or the Website or its contents; nor do they accept any responsibility arising in any way (including from negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the Service or the Website.
- OBOPAY and its officers, employees, agents and contractors are not liable for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability arising directly or indirectly from your use or non-use of the Service or the Website, or your reliance upon the Service or the information contained upon the Website (whether arising from OBOPAY’s or any other person’s negligence or otherwise).
- You and OBOPAY agree that any cause of action arising out of your use of the Service or Website must be commenced within 12 (twelve) months after the cause of action accrues or you become aware of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, whichever is later. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with us is the suspension of your OBOPAY account. In no event shall our total cumulative liability to you for any and all claims relating to or arising out of your use of the Website, regardless of the form of action, exceed INR 1000 /- (Indian Rupees [ONE THOUSAND] only).
In no event shall we be liable to you (or to any third party claiming under or through you) for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising from your use of, or inability to use, the Website. These exclusions apply to any claims for lost profits, lost data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, any other commercial damages or losses, even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold OBOPAY, and its Team harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, judgments, and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees resulting from or alleged to result from your use of this Website.
- You hereby indemnify and hold OBOPAY, and its Team harmless from any loss, costs, damages, expenses, and liability caused by your use of the Website, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of a third party through use of the Website.
- If any provision of these Terms is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable laws, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Except as otherwise described, all content availed by the use of this Website/interface are made available only to facilitate the users. OBOPAY controls and operates the Website and Services and makes no representation that the contents and Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Services from a location other than the location where the Website and Services are controlled and operated, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- These Terms shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India. All disputes relating to these Terms shall be settled in the courts located at New Delhi, India.
e-KYC via ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP)
The below points have been taken from the RBI issued circular “Master Direction – Know Your Customer (KYC) Direction, 2016”.
You can click here to read the full RBI circular.
- The e-KYC service of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) shall be accepted as a valid process for KYC verification under the PML Rules, as
(a) The information containing demographic details and photographs made available from UIDAI as a result of e-KYC process is treated as an ‘Officially Valid Document’, and
(b) Transfer of KYC data, electronically to the RE from UIDAI, is accepted as valid process for KYC verification.
Provided Regulated Entities (REs)/ Business Correspondents (BCs)/ Business Facilitators (BFs) shall obtain authorisation from the individual user authorising UIDAI by way of explicit consent to release his/her identity/address through biometric authentication to the REs.
Provided further that a RE may provide an option for One Time Pin (OTP) based e-KYC process for on-boarding of customers. Accounts opened in terms of this proviso i.e., using OTP based e-KYC, are subject to the following conditions:
- There must be a specific consent from the customer for authentication through OTP.
- The aggregate balance of all the deposit accounts of the customer shall not exceed rupees one lakh.
- The aggregate of all credits in a financial year, in all the deposit taken together, shall not exceed rupees two lakh.
- As regards borrowal accounts, only term loans shall be sanctioned. The aggregate amount of term loans sanctioned shall not exceed rupees sixty thousand in a year.
- Accounts, both deposit and borrowal, opened using OTP based e-KYC shall not be allowed for more than one year within which Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedure as provided in section 16 or as per the first proviso of Section 17 of the Principal Direction is to be completed. If the CDD procedure is not completed within a year, in respect of deposit accounts, the same shall be closed immediately. In respect of borrowal accounts no further debits shall be allowed.
- A declaration shall be obtained from the customer to the effect that no other account has been opened nor will be opened using OTP based KYC either with the same RE or with any other RE. Further, while uploading KYC information to CKYCR, REs shall clearly indicate that such accounts are opened using OTP based e-KYC and other REs shall not open accounts based on the KYC information of accounts opened with OTP based e-KYC procedure.
- REs shall have strict monitoring procedures including systems to generate alerts in case of any non-compliance/violation, to ensure compliance with the above mentioned conditions.
- I give consent to OBOPAY to do an in-person verification & collect the necessary documents and do the biometric authentication to complete the KYC process mandated by the RBI.
OBOPAY has established a set of “Binding Corporate Rules”. These Binding Corporate Rules are a commitment by OBOPAY to protect your Information regardless of where the data resides. Depending upon where you live, the Binding Corporate Rules may provide additional privacy rights through your local privacy regulator or government. For more information about our Binding Corporate Rules, including information on how to contact us with any questions, write to your HR team.
- Traffic Data Collected
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Website:
- IP addresses;
- Domain servers;
- Types of computers accessing the Website;
- Types of web browsers used to access the Website;
- Referring source which may have sent you to the Website; and
- Other information associated with the interaction of your browser and the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”).
- Information Collected from You
In order for you to access certain areas of the Website, we may require you to provide us with certain information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following information:
- Your full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth and bank or payment card details and any proof of your identity and/or address that we may request;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website using your OBOPAY account and of the fulfilment of your requests;
- Details of any bank account (including but not limited to, account holder, account name, account number, sort code, online banking PIN, Transaction Authentication Number “TAN” and password, available balance and transaction history of your bank account), ITR, TAX certificates or any other income documents as necessary by us;
- Details of any credit, debit or other card used by you for transactions;
- Your participation in any promotion sponsored by us;
- Correspondence that you send us;
- Calls that we make to you or you make to us;
- Surveys that you complete through the Website or based on our request;
- Your IP address, log-in times, operating system and browser type; and
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, Traffic Data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access whilst visiting our Website.
Personal Information and Third Party Information are collectively referred to as “Information”.
Use and Storage of Information
- We use your Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and administer your OBOPAY account and to provide services that you have requested;
- To carry out your instructions to make and receive payments and undertake transactions using our services, including verifying that you have sufficient funds in your OBOPAY wallet to make such payments;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website;
- To notify you about changes to our service(s);
- To improve our internal customer training,
- To comply with financial services regulations including retention of financial information and transactions;
- For financial and identity checks, fraud prevention checks, anti-money laundering and credit checks;
- For customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints;
- To enhance the security of our services;
- To ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- Retention of Data.
We are required under applicable laws to retain certain records for a period of at least 5 (five) years after closure of your OBOPAY account, which will include your personal data such as your name, contact details, customer number and transaction history, etc. (“Retained Data”). Other than the Retained Data, we will delete and destroy all Personal Information that we hold about you when you (or we) terminate your OBOPAY account. We do not store your online banking login PIN, TAN and/or password.
- Please note that we will not store your credit card information.
- Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your personal or security details by e-mail. If you receive any e-mail purportedly from OBOPAY requesting your personal or security details, please do not respond to it (“Such E-mail”). Please forward any Such E-mail to your HR team and thereafter delete the e-mail immediately.
Disclosure of Information
- We do not disclose your Information to any third parties other than the Website’s affiliates and the following:
- a prospective buyer of our business or a buyer of a substantial number of the shares in our business;
- the police, other lawful enforcement body, regulatory body or court if we are under a duty or required by law to disclose or share your personal data , or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or our group companies, our customers, or others;
- Financial institutions with whom we partner to jointly provide better services, facilities or products to you. These financial institutions may only use your information for providing to you their services and market OBOPAY related products without requiring your further consent.
- Third parties where you have expressed an interest in receiving information about their goods and services;
- Third parties who referred you to us initially and to whom we owe a commission payment as a result of the referral. Where the commission payment is based on transaction volumes, numbers or types of transactions, we may share that information with that third party, but we will not disclose the full details of each of your transactions without your further written consent; and
- Third parties we may occasionally use to provide you with the services that you have requested. We require these third parties to not use your personal information for any other purpose.
- We also use Information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
- To build up marketing profiles;
- To aid strategic development;
- To audit usage of the Website
- We reserve the right to disclose Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that it is necessary to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Website, or its users.
Fraud and Credit Agencies.
- When you open a OBOPAY account, at intervals of up to every 3 (three) months and at any other time we feel it is necessary to do so to protect our financial interests and prevent money-laundering or fraud, we share certain information about you and your OBOPAY account, financial history and transactions as part of our normal business operations with banks, payment facilitator partners, credit/debit card processing services, identity verification service providers and credit reference agencies (including, but not limited to) to identify and verify users, to limit our exposure to fraud and other criminal activities and to manage our financial risk. We can provide you with a list of the credit reference agencies we use upon your written request to your HR team. When conducting identification or fraud prevention checks, the relevant parties may retain a record of our query along with your information and may share this information with other fraud prevention agencies. If you want to know what information these companies hold about you, you can write to them to request access to your information.
- Anti-Money Laundering Policy
- report such transaction to the applicable central, state, provincial or local authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- de-activate or terminate your OBOPAY account forthwith;
- withhold any funds held in your OBOPAY wallet; and/or
- restrict you from registering a OBOPAY account on or with our Website or any of our affiliated websites.
- We may contact you via the e-mail address and phone number registered with your OBOPAY account. You may also receive system-generated transactional e-mails such as confirmations, notification of receipt of payments, notification of password changes etc. which are necessary for the proper operation and administration of your OBOPAY account. You expressly consent to receive such communications from us, irrespective of whether your phone number is registered on the National Do Not Call Registry.
- As a OBOPAY account holder, you will occasionally receive information by e-mail from us, unless you have expressly chosen not to receive such communication, about products, services and special deals which we think will be of interest to you via our newsletter. You can change whether or not you receive newsletters from us. However please note that you will still receive communication regarding your OBOPAY account such as transactional e-mails or other notifications affecting the operation of your OBOPAY account or our legal relationship.
- Phishing is the name given to attempts to steal personal details and financial account details from a website user. “Phishers” use fake or “spoof” emails to lead users to counterfeit websites where the user is tricked into entering their personal details, such as credit card numbers, user names and passwords.
- If you receive such an e-mail or are asked for your password by anyone claiming to work for us please forward the e-mail or report the incident by e-mail to your HR team
Links to Our Website and to Other Websites
- You must always obtain the prior written approval of OBOPAY before creating a hyperlink in any form from a third party website to any webpage on the OBOPAY Website. OBOPAY may or may not give such approval at its absolute discretion. In normal circumstances, we may only approve a hyperlink which displays plainly our name or website address. Any use or display of our logos, trade names and trademarks as a hyperlink will not be approved unless in very exceptional circumstances and may be subject to a fee as OBOPAY may determine at its absolute discretion. OBOPAY is not responsible for the setup of any hyperlink from a third party website to any OBOPAY website. Any links so set up shall not constitute any form of co-operation with, or endorsement by, OBOPAY of such third party website. Any link to our website shall always be an active and direct link to our website and shall be made directly to the home or front page of our website only and no “framing” or “deep-linking” of any webpage of our Website or content is allowed. Please contact HR team at your organization if you wish to create a hyperlink to any page of our Website on a third party website.
- “Cookies” are small computer files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive that contain information such as user ID, user preferences, lists of pages visited and activities conducted while browsing the Website. At your option, expense and responsibility, you may block cookies or delete cookies from your hard drive. However, by disabling cookies, you may not have access to the entire set of features of the Website.
- Other Cookies used by our business partners may collect other non-personally identifying information, such as the computer’s IP address, type of operating system, type of internet browsing software, what web pages were viewed at what time, the geographic location of your internet service provider and demographic information, such as gender and age range. This information is used to provide the Website with more information about our user’s demographics and internet behaviours. You may find out more about the information collected and how to opt-out of receiving these Cookies by visiting our partner’s website.
- We do not link the information stored in these Cookies directly to any of your Information you submit while on the Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies which are essential for our Website to operate such as those which identify you so you can log into your OBOPAY account. They allow you to move around our Website and use the services you have requested. These Cookies will be activated when you enter our Website and as you use our Website.
- Compliance Cookies
These include Cookies which are necessary to assist in meeting our regulatory compliance obligations, such as anti-money laundering and anti-fraud obligations, and prevent your OBOPAY account from being hijacked. These cookies will be activated when you enter our Website and as you use our Website.
- Performance Cookies
These are Cookies that help us to improve how our Website works and to deliver a better service to you. For example, they will assess which pages you visit most often or if you get an error message. They also allow us to see if you have used the Website of one of our group or affiliated companies. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality Cookies
These Cookies allow us to deliver a more personalised service to you and allow our Website to remember choices you have made such as the language you prefer or the region you are in. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as being able to comment on one of our blogs.
- Third Party Cookies
When you visit a page on our Website with content embedded from third parties, for example, YouTube or Twitter, Cookies may be downloaded onto your device. We do not set or control these Cookies. If you are concerned about the types of Cookies that may be downloaded you check the third party websites for more information about these Cookies.
- Blocking Cookies
- In limited circumstances we also may use “Web Beacons” to collect anonymous, non-Information about your use of our Website and the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of e-mails, special promotions or newsletters we send to you. Web Beacons are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or e-mail and send back to its home server information from the user’s browser. The information collected by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ websites, or opening our e-mails, and for what purposes.
- We may use third party website analytics services in connection with the Website. These website analytics services do not collect information that you do not voluntarily enter into the Website. These services do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We are using the information collected from these services to find usability problems to make the Website easier to use. The recordings will never identify you or your account.
Security Checks, Review and Releases
- To maintain a high level of security, we reserves the right to conduct a security review at any time to validate your identity, verify your financial transactions and further document your consent to this Agreement. To facilitate these security checks, you agree to provide such identification or other information or documentation as we, in our sole and unfettered discretion, deem necessary. If you fail to comply with any security request, we reserve the right to void your OBOPAY account. You will be notified of such verification request by e-mail or telephone and your OBOPAY account balances will be forfeited if you fail to provide us with such requested documentation and information within the time period reasonably specified by us. Such request for documentation and information may include a sworn affidavit of identity and eligibility, release of liability in favour of us and publicity authorization.
- You may choose not to provide us with any Information while accessing the Website. In such an event, you can still access much of the Website; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Website that require your Information.
Confidentiality and Security
- comply with a court order or other legal process;
- Protect the rights, property or safety of OBOPAY or another party.
- I give consent to OBOPAY to collect KYC documents from PSUs and Government agencies on my behalf.
- Respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties.
- Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any personally identifiable information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
- We are committed to ensuring that your Information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of Information we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to keep your information safe. Once logged into your OBOPAY account, all internet communication is secured using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology and the connection is encrypted and authenticated. However, this high level of protection can only be effective if you follow certain security practices yourself. You must never share your OBOPAY account or login details with anyone. If you are concerned that any of your login details have been compromised, you can change them any time once you are logged on but you should always also immediately contact customer services through your HR team and tell us why you think your login details have been compromised. Please read our Terms and Conditions for further information on how to keep your OBOPAY account safe.
- You have a legal right to a copy of any Information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that Information. As mentioned above, you have a right to request that we cease to use your Information for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction of Liability
- We makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this Website and expressly disclaim liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this Website.
- No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of the Website or its hyperlinks to other internet resources.
- Reference in this Website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by us.
- The contents of this website are under copyright and/or trademark of their original author(s) unless otherwise noted on the page itself.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to your HR team and we will attempt to address your issue.
OBOPAY is committed to process all refunds within 24 hours.
Please note that banks take 3-5 days to process the refunds.
Who can get a refund?
obopay.com gives refund if payment is successful, and payment is credited to OBOPAY balance but user is not able to get recharge.
How to request a refund?
Fill in the Customer Support form and mention clearly your current OBOPAY balance and what problem you are facing with recharge.
Please note that banks take 3-5 days to process the refunds.
I made a payment, but my mobile did not get recharged. What to do?
Login to , go to My Account and check your OBOPAY balance. If your payment is reflecting in OBOPAY balance, click on “Recharge” button against the cell number. If payment is not added to OBOPAY balance, Fill in the Customer Support form and mention the transaction reference number you got from the payment. All such requests will be processed within 24 hours and payment will be added to OBOPAY balance.
What if I have excess OBOPAY balance but I don’t want to use it?
According to RBI regulation, it is not possible to convert wallet amount into currency, therefore, we cannot refund unless there is a problem with recharge.
OBOPAY Mobile Technology India Pvt Ltd. (the Company) is engaged in the following business segment
Semi-Closed prepaid Wallet business: Issuance of multipurpose prepaid OBOPAY Wallet as a payment option alternative to cash for large segment of population in the country that is unable to use e-payment / m-payment facility since they do not have debit/credit cards.
(Semi-Closed prepaid OBOPAY Wallet business is governed by the PSS Act and the RBI Guidelines).
The Company offers safe and easy payment option to every customer for seamless transactions across M-Commerce and E-Commerce domains. The Company has introduced multi-purpose prepaid OBOPAY Wallet (known as “OBOPAY”) which can be used to purchase various goods and services Online/On-mobile/IVRS from affiliated merchants based on “anywhere-anytime” concept which would result in increased sales for all affiliated merchants and safety and convenience for the customer. The Company is helping business organizations to expand markets by supporting sales channels convergence with its payments options.
As a service provider industry, customer service and customer satisfaction are the prime concerns of the Company and the object of this policy is to minimize instances of customer complaints through proper service delivery and review mechanism and prompt redressal of various types of Customer Grievance Redressal Policy customer complaints.
The Company is in the business of issuance of Semi-Closed prepaid OBOPAY Wallet and is authorised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate a Payment System. It is governed by the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007(“the PSS Act”), Regulations made under and the Issuance and Operation of Prepaid Payment Instruments in India (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2009 (“the RBI Guidelines”) laid down by the RBI.
As required under the Clause 12.2 of the said RBI Guidelines, the Company has developed a procedure for promptly attending to grievances of the customers in respect of various issues pertaining to OBOPAY Wallet as online payment mode. This is done by setting up an internal two tier system in the form of “Customer Support” and a grievance redressal mechanism in the form of “Customers Grievance Redressal Committee”, as hereinafter provided.
- This Policy is called the “Customers Grievance Redressal Policy”.
- It shall apply to the business of the Company in India.
- It shall apply only to Semi-closed prepaid OBOPAY Wallet business.
- It is available on the website of the Company
Section 1 – Definitions
- ‘Company’ shall mean One OBOPAY Mobile Technology India Private Limited which is carrying on the business of issuance of Prepaid Payment Instruments, payment processing, payment collection and related services by facilitating payment solutions to the Customer for buying goods and services through any digital/electronic medium.
- ‘Complainant’ shall mean the Customer who has a Grievance.
- ‘Customer’ shall mean the holder and/or user of OBOPAY Wallet and/or any of the system participants of the Company.
- ‘Grievance’ shall mean communication in any form by a customer that expresses dissatisfaction about an action or lack of action by, or about the standard of service of the Company and/or its representative, in relation to use of OBOPAY Wallet.
- ‘OBOPAY Wallet’ shall mean the activated and valid Semi-closed prepaid wallet and all variants of the same issued by the Company.
- ‘Payment System’ means a system that enables payment to be effected between a payer and a beneficiary involving clearing, payment or settlement service or all of them but Customer Grievance Redressal Policy does not include a stock exchange.
- ‘Redressal’ shall mean the final disposal of the Grievance of the Complainant by the Company.
- ‘System Participant’ shall mean Bank or any other person participating in a payment system and includes the system provider as per the PSS Act.
- ‘System Provider’ shall mean a person who operates and authorizes payment system.
- ‘Week’ shall mean consecutive seven Working Days.
- ‘Working Day’ shall mean any day (other than Sunday & Public Holiday) on which the Company’s Corporate Office is open for business.
Section 2 – Principles Governing Company’s policy
The Company’s policy on grievance redressal is governed by the following principles:
- Customer shall be treated fairly at all times.
- Complaints raised by customers shall be attended with courtesy and in time.
- Customers shall be fully informed of avenues for grievance redressal within the organization and their right to approach the Customers Grievance Redressal Committee in case they are not fully satisfied with the response of the Customer Support.
The Company’s Officer-in-Charge of Customer Support must work in good faith keeping in mind this policy of the Company.
Section 3 – Process to handle Customer Grievances
- Grievances by the holder and/or user of OBOPAY Wallet:
- 1 Two Tier Grievance Redressal System
The Company has established customer grievances redressal machinery functioning at two levels:
- Customer Support &
- Customers Grievance Redressal Committee
The Company has a Customer Support facility (0800 Hrs to 1800 Hrs Monday to Friday) for effective resolution for operational issues and all the grievances referred to it.
Customer Support: Customers to reach out to their respective HR team for any customer complaints. The HR team SPOC to in turn reach out to OBOPAY support team.
Function and Authority
The Customer Support is responsible for the resolution of queries of all customers. The Officer-in-Charge of Customer Support is responsible for ensuring resolution of all queries received at Customer Support to the customer’s satisfaction.
The customers who are not satisfied with the resolution of their queries by the Customer Support can approach the Customers Grievance Redressal Committee (“the Committee”) for redressing their grievances. The Committee shall consist of two members out of whom one will be designated by the Company and the other would be an independent person who has fairly requisite knowledge of the Laws, who is not office-bearer, employee, director or any other person/s who has/have any interest of whatsoever nature in the Company.
This committee, at present, consists of three escalations:
Escalation Level – 1
Write to the customer’s HR team for support, who would further reach out to OBOPAY support team.
Time: Seven Business Days
Function and Authority
The functions of the Committee are as under:
- The Committee will address the grievance of the Customer if he/she is not satisfied with the decision of the Customer Support.
- The Committee will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all regulatory requirements regarding customer service.
- The Committee shall have right to ask for all records from the Customer Support and the customer.
- The Committee will look into the simplification of procedures and practices prevailing in the Company with a view to safeguarding the interests of customers of the Company.
- The Committee will review the regulations and procedures prescribed by RBI for customer service and whether the same are adopted in spirit and intent by the Company and make suitable recommendations for rationalization of the same.
- The Committee will review the practice and procedures prevalent in prepaid payment solutions industry and take necessary corrective action on an on-going basis.
- The Committee will endeavour to proactively advice the Customer Support on pending complaints.
- Grievance Redressal Procedure
- A grievance may be communicated by the Complainant to the Committee as per the convenience of the Complainant in physical or electronic mode
- Upon receipt of a grievance, the concerned officer shall enter the details thereof in the Grievance Redressal Register.
- All grievances received shall be acknowledged within three working days from the receipt of grievance by the Committee.
- The Committee shall resolve every grievance within 21 working days from the date of receipt of the grievance.
- Final Redressal and Closure of Grievance
Grievance shall be treated as finally redressed and closed in any of the following circumstances:
- Where the Complainant has communicated his acceptance of the Company’s decision on redressal of grievance communicated by Customer Support
- Where the Complainant has not communicated his acceptance of the Company’s decision, within 1 (ONE) months from the date of communication of decision by the Customer Support or the Committee, as the case may be.
- Implementation of the decision
The Management shall take all necessary steps to implement the decision of the Committee.
Grievances by a person other than the holder and/or user of OBOPAY Wallet (System Participant):
Grievances between System Participants in respect of any matter connected with the operation of the payment system shall be resolved in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, as may be amended from time to time.
If the customer wants to nominate his representative to appear and make submissions on his behalf before the Customers Grievance Redressal Committee the following declaration should be submitted:
I/We the above named customer hereby nominate Shri/Smt. , who is not an Advocate and whose address is as my/our REPRESENTATIVE in the proceedings and confirm that any statement, acceptance or rejection made by him/her shall be binding on me/us.
He/ She has signed below in my presence.
(Signature of Representative)
(Signature of Customer)